Powered By Blogger

Monday, November 14, 2011

Review: Hydrive Alertness Formula



It's a little tart and very sugary and has an interesting after-taste. Had a cold while drinking it but the taste of the kiwi-strawberry was so strong I was able to taste it anyways. It did a really good job of hiding the caffeine taste. The whole drink itself tastes like a thing of flavored bottled water. Which don't get me wrong is not a bad thing at all. There's a certain brand of such that I guzzle down by the truckload when the craving strikes.

The strawberry taste is a lot more pronounced than the kiwi but both flavors are there. The drink as a whole went down smoothly as if it was only flavored water. I didn't notice any effects very quickly and decided to drink HYDRIVE while playing Skyrim late at night. I figured I might as well try it then as I needed to be alert or at least awake to play.

The whole thing has 145 mg of caffeine. I had ingested more than that the entire day from my mountain dew Game Fuel. Didn't drink it very fast so that I could try to lengthen the effects of the drink for playing my game all through the night.

As I got lower down into the bottle the drink started getting a little more tart which gave me cause to guzzle it instead of sip it like I had been doing. I ended up not drinking the whole thing in one night so I saved it for later. It tastes a lot better when it's ice cold than when it's room temperature as I found out. But most drinks do indeed taste crispier and more refreshing when they're cold.

At the end of the bottle I could feel a bit of the effects but really it wasn't as massive as I was expecting. It's a low calorie drink as well, being only 30 calories which makes the drink a step above a lot of other energy drinks that I have tried. This combined with the rather nice taste and the 145mg of caffeine makes it a good drink to try if you want to keep hydrated and keep alert at the same time. If you're looking for more of a bounce to your step, then go for something else.

Score: 8.5/10

Image courtesy of bevnet.com

No comments:

Post a Comment